Help for Reporting Categories
ATC requests that we report our Volunteer Hours in these Categories. Please note that this information helps us to compete for funding from the National Park Service and other sources.
This Summary is based on ATC's annual request for hours linked here 2019 Group Report Form.
- Trail and Facilities Work:
- Field Work:Trail construction and maintenance, Facilities construction and maintenance
- Trail Management=Project planning, Capital Planning, Volunteer Coordination, Project Planning, Project Completion Reporting, Trail Asset Inventory
- Trail Training = Attending or leading a workshop or training
- Corridor Monitoring Work:
- Corridor Monitoring = Field Work:Corridor monitoring and maintenance
- Corridor Management = Project planning, Capital Planning, Volunteer Coordination, Project Planning, Encroachment Reporting and Tracking
- Corridor Training = Attending or leading a workshop or training
- Corridor Protection = Making Contact with Trail Neighbors
- MATC Management = Club Management and Administration: Planning and participating in club meetings, accounting/bookkeeping, database management, etc.
- A.T. Management = Local Management Planning, Regional Partnership Committee Meetings, other A.T. Committee Meetings - such as Stewardship Council or special task forces. Attending public meetings related to the A.T.
- Communication = Website, email, blog, phones
- Admin Training = Attending or Leading a Workshop or Training related to capacity building or volunteer leadership
- Outreach/Education/Interpretation Work:
- Outreach Hikes = Leading A.T. Hikes: Introducing new people to the A.T., Family Hiking Day, Wildflower or Naturalist Hikes, etc.
- Outreach Education = On-Trail Education: Volunteer ridgerunners, Trail Ambassadors, Trail Patrol, etc
- Outreach Information = Visitor Centers and Information Services: Providing information to hikers through visitor centers and/or club website, etc.
- Outreach Expansion = Expanding Partnerships and Awareness: Presenting on the A.T. at events, schools, new partners
- Outreach Training = Attending or Leading a Workshop or Training, including online trainings
- Advocacy = advocating related to development pressures that are incompatible with the conservation of the Trail and the A.T. experience, or as part of support for Land & Water Conservation Funding for land acquisition